EDUKA2 – For a cross-border Governance of Education is a project funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the Interreg Cooperation Programme V-A Italy-Slovenia 2014-2020.
The EDUKA2 project addressed the shared challenge of poor cross-border cooperation in the field of education. The overall objective of the project was to strengthen cross-border cooperation and change the current situation by establishing common governance tools and shared educational and teaching models.
Schools and universities in the Programme area in particular benefited from the envisaged actions and their three outputs. The first output consisted in a strategic document of common educational models containing guidelines, common methods and shared contents covering cultural and language topics, as well as environmental and naturalistic issues. The document was prepared by a cross-border cooperation network of schools, universities, research centres and national and linguistic minority bodies. The second output was a shared training for teachers intended to implement the above mentioned teaching models in schools and universities. The third output consisted in a joint strategic document drafted by universities and stakeholders to improve the administrative workflows for the recognition of academic and professional qualifications in the field of education that are held by cross-border students and graduates. This also implied providing templates and assistance to universities as well as training to the administrative clerks. The "network" approach involving school teachers and university professors, researchers and administrative staff proposed by the project was essential in order to strengthen cross-border cooperation in education, thus combining state-of-the-art theoretical knowledge with the practical experience developed in both countries. The project was also original and innovative in the way it promoted the use of technology in education (online teaching materials and e-learning).
The project’s main target groups were:
- nursery schools, primary and secondary schools in Italy and in Slovenia;
- school managers and teachers, pupils, students;
- universities, including student offices, secretarial offices and career guidance centres;
- university students and cross-border students with a curricular focus on education;
- research centres;
- scholars, academics and experts involved in education and teaching;
- institutions representing national and linguistic minorities;
- training institutions and associations, trainers, teaching staff;
- families of the involved pupils;
- institutional representatives, decision-makers and public and private bodies involved in education;
- local and national media;
- scientific journals with a focus on education, learning, languages, language diversity and cultural diversity.
The project started on 01/09/2017 and ended on 30/04/2019.
The planned activities were implemented in the Italian provinces of Trieste, Gorizia, Udine, Venice and in the Slovenian Statistical regions Obalno-kraška, Osrednjeslovenska and Goriška.
The total project cost eligible for funding amounted to € 775 500.00.