Eduka2 – For a cross-border Governance of Education is a project funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the Interreg Cooperation Programme V-A Italy-Slovenia 2014-2020.
The EDUKA2 project addresses the shared challenge of poor cross-border cooperation in the field of education. The overall objective of the project is to strengthen cross-border cooperation and change the current situation by establishing common governance tools and shared educational and teaching models.
Schools and universities in the Programme area in particular will benefit from the envisaged actions and their three outputs. The first output consists in a strategic document of common educational models containing guidelines, common methods and shared contents covering cultural and language topics, as well as environmental and naturalistic issues. The document will be prepared by a cross-border cooperation network of schools, universities, research centres and national and linguistic minority bodies. The second output is a shared training for teachers that will have to implement the above mentioned teaching models in schools and universities. The third output consists in a joint strategic document to be drafted by universities and stakeholders to improve the administrative workflows for the recognition of academic and professional qualifications in the field of education that are held by cross-border students and graduates. This also implies providing templates and assistance to universities as well as training to the administrative clerks. The "network" approach involving school teachers and university professors, researchers and administrative staff proposed by the project is essential in order to strengthen cross-border cooperation in education, thus combining state-of-the-art theoretical knowledge with the practical experience developed in both countries. The project is also original and innovative in the way it promotes the use of technology in education (online teaching materials and e-learning).
The project’s main target groups are:
- nursery schools, primary and secondary schools in Italy and in Slovenia;
- school managers and teachers, pupils, students;
- universities, including student offices, secretarial offices and career guidance centres;
- university students and cross-border students with a curricular focus on education;
- research centres;
- scholars, academics and experts involved in education and teaching;
- institutions representing national and linguistic minorities;
- training institutions and associations, trainers, teaching staff;
- families of the involved pupils;
- institutional representatives, decision-makers and public and private bodies involved in education;
- local and national media;
- scientific journals with a focus on education, learning, languages, language diversity and cultural diversity.
The project started on 01/09/2017 and ends on 28/02/2019.
The planned activities will be implemented in the Italian provinces of Trieste, Gorizia, Udine, Venice and in the Slovenian Statistical regions Obalno-kraška, Osrednjeslovenska and Goriška.
The total project cost eligible for funding amounts to € 775 500.00.